Even though we recently relocated to the Boston area, our NY and CT weddings just keep flowing in. This weekend we had the opportunity to stay local which was a nice change in pace. Sybil and Ben put together a stellar wedding at the Dane Estate and we couldn’t be happier to be apart of it. While we edit their images, they’ll be enjoying a trip to Paris. Congratulations to you both!
Title | Sybil + Ben’s Story
1) Tell us how you first met? Who what when where why? Give us the dirty details.
We met online, on OKCupid, of all places. Ben says he was giving it one final shot by going out with Sybil (who asked him out). Our first date was at the Abbey in Brookline. We then had a follow up date where Ben earned the nickname Shabu Ben, due to the name of the restaurant being named Shabu Zen, followed by another date which was a picnic at the Arnold Arboretum.
2) When did you know he/she was the one? Was there something he/she did?, etc
Ben on Sybil: Almost immediately! I decided to propose after we moved in together, and pretty quickly I realized I could not imagine living without her.
Sybil on Ben: when we took our first trip together, to Martha’s Vineyard. We had a great time and traveled well together.
3) Tell us about the proposal. (Did you see it coming, how long was it in the planning?, how did you feel? nervous, excited, freaking out?)
Sybil: i vaguely saw it coming because Ben accidentally slipped one night, but I had no idea what the magnitude would be. He invited so many of my friends from near and far to come celebrate for New Year’s Eve (or so I thought). I thought they all were leaving on 1/2, but they surprised me after the proposal at dinner by still being in town.
4) Tell us the one thing you love most about each other.
Ben is extremely thoughtful. He also gives amazing back rubs.
Sybil is fun to do just about anything with, and is always up to try new things.
5) If you feel comfortable, share with us something silly or quirky the other person does.
Ben is the loudest sneezer I’ve ever met. He has scared strangers.
Sybil listens to some surprisingly hardcore hip hop.
6) Besides getting married – what’s the one thing you are looking forward to on your weddinday?
Seeing all of our favorite people in one place.
After party at the Golden Temple.
7) What’s your favorite trend for weddings right now?
Brunch. Cocktail receptions.
8) What inspired your décor or theme?
The place we got married in and the greenery around it, along with our love of nature.
We also love historic buildings and architecture.
9) What’s one thing you wish you would have known earlier in regards to planning?
To make sure to be able it get into a venue early enough to get done what you need to!
The things you expect to go wrong will go right, and the things you expect will be simple are the hardest decisions.
Photography | Nate Creamer Photography
Geraniums Red, Delphiniums Blue (Rue Brown)
Ceremony Location | The Dane Estate
Reception Location | The Dane Estate
Wedding Planner |
Dave Becker DJ Plus
Dress Designer |
Dress Salon |
Other Details/Vendors |