Roberta and Ryan’s Story
- Tell us how you first met? Who what when where why? Give us the dirty details.
We met at a bar across the street from my sister’s house. I was dog sitting for my sister and Ryan was in town visiting friends for a golf outing. Ryan was already at the bar with his friends when I showed up to meet my friends. We happened to start talking at the bar and the rest is history.
- When did you know he/she was the one? Was there something he/she did?, etc.
For me it wasn’t any specific instance it was little things over time that showed me he was the one I would end up marrying. Ryan (Bruins fan) jokes that it was at the bar the first night we met when I knew who Zdeno Chara was (I’m a Sabres fan). He says that when I walked into the bar and he saw me that he got butterflies in his stomach and knew there was going to be something special between us.
- Tell us about the proposal. (Did you see it coming, how long was it in the planning?, how did you feel? nervous, excited, freaking out?)
Ryan told me that we had a walking tour that started in Central Park in the middle of New York City during a weekend trip there in March 2016. While we were “waiting” for the tour guide he went down on one knee. He hired a photographer to capture the entire moment for us. I had an idea it was coming, but wasn’t 100% sure. I definitely was excited! Ryan says he was definitely nervous and had it planned for a couple months and asked my parents’ permission about a month before.
- Tell us the one thing you love most about each other.
One of the common things that we love about each other is how important family is to the both of us as well as the thoughtfulness each other shows.
5) If you feel comfortable, share with us something silly or quirky the other person does.
Ryan has to have the TV volume or car radio volume on an even number at all times and is also obsessed with Legos (which made for an awesome cake topper!). Roberta has this silly thing where she will only eat ice cream with a plastic spoon.
6) Besides getting married – what’s the one thing you are looking forward to on your wedding day?
Having all of our friends and family from across the country coming together and celebrating our special day with us. Also the pictures with the fall background!
7) What’s your favorite trend for weddings right now?
The photo booth and quirky pictures and props that go along with it.
8) What inspired your décor or theme?
Although we didn’t have a specific theme, the New Hampshire fall foliage inspired our wedding colors and décor.
9) What’s one thing you wish you would have known earlier in regards to planning?
I wish I would’ve known earlier about the bridal resale groups on Facebook.
Photography | Nate Creamer Photography
Florist | Suzanne’s Weddings, Hampstead, NH
Ceremony Location | Atkinson Resort & Country Club, NH
Reception Location | Atkinson Resort & Country Club, NH
DJ | Pete Chambers Entertainment, Kingston, NH
Dress Salon | Wendy’s Bridal, Dublin, OH
Cake Vendor | Cakes 5th Avenue, Pelham, NH
Hair Stylist | Meagan Eddings, Derry, NH
Make-up Artist | Ella Schwotzer, Londonderry, NH