Lora and Steve’s Wedding Story
- Tell us how you first met? Who what when where why? Give us the dirty details.
We met through a mutual friend after work one night. We both were working in the same city doing completely different things. Steve is an attorney and Lora is a graphic designer… opposites do attract!
- When did you know he/she was the one? Was there something he/she did?, etc.
We both knew after our first date. It was that “butterflies in the stomach” type of feeling.
- Besides getting married – what’s the one thing you are looking forward to on your wedding day?
Having all of our favorite people together in one space. We had family and friends travel from as far as Italy to be with us on our big day.
- What’s your favorite trend for weddings right now?
I love the mismatched bridesmaid dress look. I wanted my girls to feel beautiful and comfortable in a gown that they chose themselves. Steve asked his groomsmen to wear their best navy suit for the same reason.
- What inspired your décor or theme?
I love the lush, garden look so I incorporated lots of greenery into our décor anywhere I could.
- What’s one thing you wish you would have known earlier in regards to planning?
People want to help you but often don’t know how. Once I started “delegating” little tasks and projects to family that wanted to help, I felt so much less stress.
Photography | Nate Creamer Photography
Video | Matt Scripter Productions
Florist | Arcadia Floral Co.
Ceremony Location | Church of the Resurrection
Reception Location | Whitby Castle
DJ | James Daniel Entertainment
Dress Designer | Hayley Paige
Shoes: Badgley Mischka
Dress Salon | The White Dress by The Shore (Clinton, CT)
Hair/Makeup: Pink Soda Blow Dry Bar
Invitations/Design: Gold Coast Files (www.goldcoastfile.com)